The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
Last Updated on June 24, 2022
There are many reasons to buy a mattress-in-a-box online. Maybe you’re short on time. Or, you might already know exactly what you’re looking for. If you’re an introvert, the prospect of stepping into a showroom could stress you out. Whatever the case, the bottom line is this… buying a mattress online is incredibly convenient and can save you tons of time and money.
Overview: How to Buy a Mattress Online
Buying a mattress online is easy as 1-2-3 when you shop with GhostBed.
- Step 1: Shop our site for a perfect mattress
- Step 2: Order your mattress online
- Step 3: Check out in 5-minutes flat
If you’d rather try out your mattress in person first, search for a GhostBed retailer near you.
Buying a New Mattress: The Easy Way
Buying a mattress used to be a lot like buying a car. You’d travel to a showroom, meet with a salesperson, lay down for a few minutes and pull out your wallet to buy whichever mattress you selected. These days, you still can purchase a mattress in person if you’d like to, but many folks prefer to buy online—for several great reasons.
Here at GhostBed, we’ve taken all the struggles out of mattress shopping. If a showroom isn’t for you, follow our simple steps to get the mattress of your dreams delivered right to your doorstep.
Step 1: Shop Our Site for the Perfect Mattress
Suppose you’ve determined it’s time for a new mattress. Great—let’s start shopping! You can explore our collection of mattresses here, learn more about us as a company, and get to know your financing options.
Not sure which GhostBed mattress is for you? That’s okay! Our founder, Marc, put together a helpful mattress quiz to match you with the right bed based on your sleeping position and more.
Step 2: Select Your Mattress and Add-Ons
Once you’ve narrowed down which mattress is right for you, it’s time to move on to step 2, the easy peasy ordering process. After choosing the model you’d like, the only remaining choice to make is the size. With six sizes, from twin and XL twin, to full, queen, king, split king and California king, you are sure to find the size you need. Simply add the mattress to your cart and proceed to check out.
Step 3: Check Out
Finally, it’s time to check out. At this step, you can take advantage of our military, first responder, and educator discounts—or add a coupon code if you have one. If 0% financing is something you’d like to consider, you can do that too at this time. Click “Place Order,” and your new mattress will soon be on its way to your door.
Then comes the really fun part: delivery day! Most orders ship within 24 hours, and most customers get their delivery within 2-4 days. Your GhostBed mattress comes shrink-wrapped and packed in a small box; all you need to do is take the packaged mattress out of the box and place it on your bed frame or adjustable base. Cut open the wrapper gently, and your new bed will come to life before your eyes, ready to be made up with soft sheets and fluffy pillows for a cozy night of sleep.
Where Can I Try a GhostBed?
If you’d like to test out your mattress in person before buying or would like to chat with one of our talented Sleep Experts, we invite you to visit our GhostBed showroom in Plantation, Florida. Or, you can search for a retailer near you using our store locator.
But don’t worry—if you prefer to do everything online and save yourself the trip, you’re covered by our industry-leading 101-Night Mattress Sleep Trial. That’s more than 3 months to try out your new mattress in the comfort of your own home! If you don’t love the feel of your mattress, return it for free with our money-back guarantee.
The Benefits of Buying a GhostBed
Along with our easy ordering process, we’re proud to offer a collection of high-quality mattresses to choose from. Plus, take a look at the other benefits below.
Fast, Free Shipping
Shipping delays can be a pain, and we’re all sick of waiting weeks or months for our online purchases to arrive. Luckily, because all GhostBed mattresses are designed and manufactured throughout the USA and Canada (depending on your location), you’ll typically receive your comfy new bed in as little as a few days. As a bonus, shipping and returns are always free.
Innovative Design Features
With over 20 years of manufacturing experience, GhostBed is leading the charge in mattress innovation. Accomplishments include too many awards to count, patented cooling technology, fantastic US-based customer service, rave reviews and of course, a super simple ordering and delivery process.
101-Night Risk-Free Trial Period
A lengthy trial period takes all the worry and concern out of buying a mattress online. By the end of your 101-night trial period, you’ll have a good idea of what you think of your mattress. If you decide it’s not the right fit for you, all you have to do is contact our team of Sleep Experts within the 101-night window, and we’ll sort out all the details for you.
Our Commitment to the Environment
We’ve been eco-friendly leaders from the start. Not only do we use packaging that’s as environmentally friendly as possible, but all of our hybrid and memory foam mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified.
This means that none of our mattresses contain:
- Heavy metals
- Ozone depleters
- PBDE flame retardants
Need help selecting the right mattress for you? I put together a short quiz that’ll take you through your typical sleeping position, health concerns and more—and then recommend the perfect match from our collection. We look forward to helping you!
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,270.00 $889.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- How to Train Yourself to Sleep on Your Back
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Size Guide: Determining the Right Size
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets