What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
Last Updated on June 24, 2022
Looking to buy a mattress? The best memory foam mattress for you to purchase will be the result of a combination of factors.
Seeking out the best memory foam mattress is an important task, much like purchasing a car. You want to get the best comfort and value for your investment. When memory foam mattresses first came on the market, there was really only one type available to purchase. Even with its enticing comfort, sleepers soon became aware of some issues, such as sinking questions and overheating while sleeping. As the NASA invented foam became more sought after, manufacturers took notice and have been working ever since to perfect the memory foam bed in the efforts to have their entry win top rated memory foam mattress.
Deciding what the best memory foam mattress is more than just understanding how to choose the best mattress. Your quest for the best mattress purchase will depend not only on reviews and budget, but also your own requirements regarding comfort needs, purchase choices, and delivery options.
Top Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Memory Foam Mattress
FACTOR 1: Comfort Needs
FACTOR 2: Purchase Choices
FACTOR 3: Delivery Options
FACTOR 1: Comfort Needs
With literally hundreds of choices of brands deciding on the best memory foam mattress can be quite a dizzying task. You can narrow down first by understanding what kind of mattress will fulfill your comfort needs. Do you like a firm bed or a soft plush? Do you have excessive allergies? Different brands can cater to unique comfort requirements.
Generally, the memory foam is hypoallergenic but the cover may not be. You should definitely want consider a memory foam mattress with a zip off cover that can be easily laundered such as the GhostBed CertiPUR-US certified plush cover. Toss the cover into the washing machine for easy cleaning and freshening.
The overall thickness of the mattress will also figure in to your comfort needs as well. Thicker mattresses will offer more support and therefore be more comfortable. Factor into the thickness too the different types of layers that make up the memory foam mattress.
FACTOR 2: Purchase Choices
Options for purchasing the mattress will depend on your budget and comfort needs. The lower end brands will have three unique layers while the best memory foam mattresses will be built using four layers or more. The top layer is the comfort layer. Under that you will have a support layer and for extra cooling comfort a technologically advanced special gel layer. The bottom of the mattress is the base layer for structural support.
Purchasing options have grown beyond driving to a store to shop. Top mattress experts advise that you should take the time of five to 10 minutes to lay each on your back, side and stomach on a bed to get a real feel of what the best memory foam mattress choice will be for you. Taking this excessive time may be bothersome when store shopping. Now with internet shopping, mattress manufacturers are making it easy to order your mattress online for a fast delivery that includes multiple nights for a true sleep trial test before committing to your choice.
FACTOR 3: Delivery Options
Buying your mattress in a high-end brick and mortar store will offer you white glove delivery. In these cases, you most likely will have to arrange for someone to be home for the few hours that they give you for a delivery window. Depending on the store will also determine if there will be charges for delivery on top of your mattress purchase.
Purchasing a mattress on-line usually includes free delivery. The bed-in-a-box memory foam mattress can not only be a great choice for a mattress but also the most convenient for delivery. These memory foam mattresses are wonderfully pliable and are folded into themselves and shrink wrapped to fit neatly into a box. The bed-in-a-box is delivered to the recipient’s door step just as any other package. Once you get your box simply open the wrapping and your comfy new memory foam mattress will wake up to its ordered size to be ready to be slept on.
With some homework researching the types of memory foam mattresses and reading reviews you should be able to narrow down your choices. Add to that your needs for comfort as well as having a great trial period also help determine the top-rated memory foam mattress for your desires. Ultimately the best memory foam mattress is a combination of quality and personal preference.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,270.00 $889.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- How to Train Yourself to Sleep on Your Back
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Size Guide: Determining the Right Size
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets