4 Ways to Make Your RV Bed More Comfortable
Last Updated on May 10, 2022
Life on the road can have its challenges, so why not make it a whole lot easier on yourself and make sure you have a comfortable place to sleep every night? The quality of your RV bed can truly make all the difference for your road trip. With camping on the rise and more people embracing the "road life" for longer periods, curating the ultimate RV bedroom space has never been more important.
Despite the close quarters, there are plenty of ways to make the most of your home-on-the-go and create the coziest bed possible. Here, we're sharing our favorite ways to make your RV bed more comfortable, which you can personalize to meet your preferences.
Overview: 4 Ways to Make Your RV Bed More Comfortable
Spending extended time on the road in a modified van, luxury RV or family-friendly pop-up trailer is the dream for many people these days. Make sure you wake up a happy camper every morning by curating a comfy and cozy setup.
- Upgrade your RV mattress
- Invest in luxurious sheets
- Select the perfect pillows for your sleeping style
- Add a memory foam topper to your RV mattress
1. Upgrade Your Mattress
Finding the right balance between comfort and support is the key to comfortable sleep, whether at home or on the road. Sticking with the standard mattress that may come with your RV or keeping an old one that you've been using for several years is not likely to give you the best sleep possible.
Instead, consider an RV mattress upgrade. Whether your RV is a way of life or a landing place for your yearly family vacation, a fantastic mattress can make all the difference. With the GhostBed RV, you get all the cooling features and comfort that GhostBed mattresses are known for in an RV- and camper-friendly size! With a mix of gel memory foam and aerated, non-allergenic latex, the GhostBed RV Mattress offers a cooler experience for more restorative sleep while on the road.
GhostBed RV MattressShop Now
2. Be Choosy About Bed Sheets
Selecting cozy sheets is the perfect accompaniment for a high-quality mattress. Our GhostSheets are the coolest in the world, crafted with Supima cotton and cooling TENCEL™ fibers. TENCEL™ is plant-based and eco-friendly, offering breathability and resistance from allergens and bacteria.
When choosing the size of your sheets, simply use the option that corresponds with the mattress size. For example, if you have a Short Queen RV Mattress, you can use the queen-size bedding. Our GhostSheets have a wide elastic band that keeps fitted sheets in place, with any excess of the top sheet easily tuckable underneath.
3. Pick the Right Pillow
A relaxing RV bed setup can easily be ruined with the wrong pillow. It's essential to pay attention to the support and comfort of your head and neck. Rather than constantly trying to find the "cool side" of the pillow or fluffing it up repeatedly through the night, consider one of our three GhostPillow options, each designed to keep you cool, calm and collected.
GhostPillow - Memory Foam
For those who love an ice-cold pillow and an ergonomic design that cradles your neck perfectly, this is the pillow for you. Camping can cause night sweats and stickiness from the humidity, which can be combated with the aerated gel memory foam, phase-change material and our cool-to-the-touch cover of the GhostPillow - Memory Foam.
GhostPillow - Faux Down
There's something luxurious about a down pillow, but people tend to avoid them due to the expense and allergies. With the GhostPillow - Faux Down, you get the comfort of this traditional pillow type at an affordable price. It's dust-mite-free and hypoallergenic with a cozy plushness to please any kind of sleeper.
GhostPillow - Shredded
Deemed the Goldilocks of pillows, the GhostPillow - Shredded can be customized to your exact sleep preference. With its medium feel and removable fill, you can add or remove cushioning as needed to curate your perfect sleep situation. Plus, the breathable cover wicks away moisture and keeps you cool through the night.
4. Add a Memory Foam Topper
For the ultimate addition in comfort, try a memory foam topper. The GhostBed Memory Foam Topper adds 3" of cooling and contouring comfort as you sleep. And with the deep-pocket cotton cover doubling as a waterproof, breathable mattress protector, you don't have to worry about dampness or sweating on steamy summer nights.
Additionally, our 2" signature GhostGrip elastic band securely holds the topper in place as you shift through the night so you don't have to worry about getting tangled up or missing out on the memory foam magic.
Note: Be sure to measure the space in your RV and consider any limitations you have. At this time, we only offer our Memory Foam Topper in traditional (non-RV) sizes.
GhostBed Memory Foam TopperShop Now
Wake Up a Happy Camper by Keeping It Simple
RV sleeping gets a luxurious upgrade when you choose a well-crafted mattress, bedding, pillows and decor to complete the space. Show off your personality with throw pillows, wall art and breezy curtains that let in tons of light and fresh air. But remember, try to keep unnecessary decor to a minimum as space will be at a premium in such tight quarters.
With the variety of GhostBed options available, you can mix and match whichever elements that work best for you to create an inviting and revitalizing RV sleeping space that rivals your at-home set up.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,270.00 $889.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Size Guide: Determining the Right Size
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets