How to Put Sheets on Your Adjustable Bed (& Keep Them There!)
Last Updated on February 14, 2024
If you've decided to take the plunge and invest in a GhostBed Adjustable Base, or GhostBed Split King Adjustable Set, congrats! You’ve probably already figured out what kind of mattress you need. Once that’s sorted, you may wonder what kind of sheets you need and how to get them on properly.
The good news is that it’s actually easier to put sheets on an adjustable base than a traditional foundation. Keep reading and we’ll share how to do it.
How to Put Sheets on an Adjustable Bed
If you’re wondering whether you need special sheets for an adjustable bed, we have good news: most sheets will work beautifully.
But to avoid bunching and slipping, we recommend looking for sheets that are designed to stay put. Our Supima cotton GhostSheets, for example, feature our signature 2” elastic band that keeps everything in place.
Here's how to put sheets on your Adjustable Bed:
- Hold the “Head Up” button on your remote to raise the head of the bed.
- Grab your fitted sheet and find the short end. Secure it over the head of the bed and smooth it down.
- Move to the foot of the bed and pull the sheet over those corners.
- Select the “Flat Position” button in the middle of your remote. This will automatically lower the head of your adjustable so it’s completely flat, pulling the sides of your sheets taut.
- Once your fitted sheet is secure and in place, it's time to move on to the flat sheet. Take your flat sheet and unfold it onto the bed, then tuck in each side tightly.
How To Put Sheets On a Split King Bed
This process is very similar to the process outlined above, with a couple of key differences. First, we recommend shopping for Split King sheets; ours include two fitted sheets designed to cover your two separate twin XL mattresses. Additionally, you’ll get one king-size flat sheet to share. To tie it all together, your luxury sheet set also comes with two queen pillowcases and two king size pillowcases.
Here's how to put sheets on your Split King Adjustable Bed:
- Slide the two mattresses apart just slightly. Hold the “Head Up” button on your remote to raise the head of one side of the bed.
- Grab one of the fitted sheets and find the short end. Secure it over the head of the raised mattress and smooth it down.
- Move to the foot of the same mattress and pull the sheet over those corners.
- Grab your remote and select the “Flat Position” button right in the middle. This will automatically lower the head of your adjustable so it’s completely flat, pulling the sides of your sheets taut.
- Repeat steps 1-4 on the other side of the bed.
- Once both fitted sheets are in place, it's time to move on to the flat sheet. Take your king-size flat sheet and unfold it onto the bed. Tuck the sides in tight.
Now that you know how to put sheets on, it's time to enjoy all the benefits of an adjustable bed! Whether you want to watch TV, work from home, or relax in bed with a good book, an adjustable base has you covered.
How to Keep Sheets on an Adjustable Bed
Sagging, sliding and bunched-up sheets are a downer on any bed. To prevent sheets from slipping off your adjustable, try some of our helpful tips and tricks below:
- Select deep pocket sheets. Start by using deep pocket sheets that fit securely over your mattress, like our luxury Supima and TENCEL GhostSheets.
- Look for stay-put details. Look for a sheet set with a strong elastic band around the bottom of the fitted sheet. Our GhostGrip band, for example, is a customer favorite because it securely keeps your sheets in place no matter what position you put your bed in.
- Grab some sheet suspenders. It may also help to use sheet straps or suspenders to anchor the corners and prevent sliding. These clip to the corners of your sheets to keep them from shifting.
Bottom line: your adjustable bed should make life easier, and we don’t want you dealing with wandering sheets! We hope these tips and tricks will help you get the most out of your new power base. If you have any questions, reach out to our Sleep Experts today!
Marc has spent the last two decades designing & manufacturing mattresses and other sleep products, drawing on a lifetime of experience working with the material sciences. With several patents to his name, he works closely with the GhostBed team to create products with the perfect balance of comfort & support. Learn More