GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
Last Updated on May 10, 2022
Seeking the perfect pillow to lull one off to slumber is as vital as finding that ideal mattress. Companies are now taking their knowhow learned in building that comfortable memory foam mattress into constructing the best of pillows. These new pillows are crafted explicitly to induce peaceful slumber. If one’s head cannot find comfort a night of tossing and turning will follow. Now people are searching for a well-made memory foam pillow to be the just right mate with their memory foam bed. These new innovative pillows are made to accommodate specific needs for all types of sleepers. It is as important to understand the differences between the numerous pillows being sold to purchase the right one that fits one’s sleep needs.
Best Overall Pillow
As memory foam has become the material of choice for those seeking the best mattress, the same has become true for consumers seeking out the most comfortable of pillows. GhostBed has made its GhostPillow for consumers seeking the same wonderful cooling technology and innovative materials that makes the GhostBed mattress so comfortable. MyPillow® has a mattress too but the company’s emphasis has been placed on selling pillows.
Where GhostBed has spent much time with research and development to create an advanced pillow with innovative materials, MyPillow® has placed its efforts on its sales campaign. This certainly comes to light with side-by-side comparisons. The GhostPillow is of solid construction with a lovely embroidered cover that can be zipped off. At first look the MyPillow® appears this and lumpy.
GhostPillow comes in one standard size whereas MyPillow® does offer an additional King size. It should be noted that reviews complain of the MyPillow® standard size actually-seeming smaller than normal standard making GhostPillow a winner in the size category.
In pricing GhostPillow may be a small bit more than the original MyPillow® but one certainly does get what they pay for. The construction of GhostPillow gives unique cooling features that are not available with MyPillow®. In addition, the loft of the GhostPillow is sturdy and does not flatten, whereas the MyPillow® has a lower quality feel to it.
GhostPillow certainly wins with 101-night guarantee against MyPillow®’s 60-day guarantee. Both companies provide quick shipping of pillows.
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled with help from Mattress Clarity and Real Mattress reviews
|I. Price (Mattress Clarity)||$85||
$99.98/ for 2
$79.98/ 1 Premium
$89.99/ 1 Giza
|II. Size (Standard)||24” X 16” X 5.5”
|26″ x 16.5″ x 2″
|III. Construction||Solid piece aerated gel memory foam||Shredded foam|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Real Mattress)||101 Nights||60 Nights|
|VI. SHIPPING||Free Shipping
(Shipped within 24 hours)
(10-14 bus. days)
(2-5 bus. days)
Both GhostPillow and MyPillow® come shipped to one’s front door. Whereas GhostPillow is shipped for free to arrive quickly, MyPillow® charges for shipping and charges even more for a faster arrival. MyPillow® is also available in some brick-and-mortar store that one can locate with the website’s store finder.
GhostPillow shows true attention to detail even in the box that it is shipped in. The keepsake sturdy box invites one to want to keep it for use in storing an extra pillow or bed linens.
Although at first glance it may appear that GhostPillow is costlier it really is not that much more than the original MyPillow® when shipping is factored in. Add in the shipping cost to the original MyPillow®, compared to GhostPillow’s free shipping, and one will paying more dollars than they realize for MyPillow®.
It is important to mention that the more advanced GhostPillow at $85.00 is around the same cost as the Premium MyPillow® at $79.98 and the Giza Elegance MyPillow® at $89.99. Add shipping costs to the premium MyPillow® options and the cost for MyPillow® will be much higher than GhostPillow.
For the money spent on GhostPillow one is getting a higher quality pillow built from performance material specifically made to stay cool inside a comforting cover. The plush cover, that showcases an embroidered logo, is clearly of higher quality than MyPillow®’s ordinary cotton cover that cannot be removed.
Individual requirements indicate reviews so it is important to state that the Real Mattress reviewer specifically states that he personally likes pillows crafted from shredded foam. Loft of a pillow is important in supporting the neck and allowing for the best sleep. Mattress Clarity notes about the MyPillow® crafted from shredded foam:
“This made me sink seemingly all the way through it, sometimes making it feel like I wasn’t sleeping on a pillow at all.”
The GhostPillow is crafted to provide comfort and not flatten as reviewed by Mattress Clarity:
“In terms of comfort, I thought the aerated gel memory foam and 5.5” height profile made the pillow really comfortable laying on my back and fairly comfortable on my side.”
The GhostPillow ships out free and quickly while one has added costs for the MyPillow® shipping, and even more for quick shipping of MyPillow®.
II. Size, Construction, and Durability
GhostBed offers the GhostPillow in standard size while MyPillow® comes in standard and King sizes. It is important to mention that the Mattress Clarity reviewer specifically made note of the standard Queen size MyPillow® seemed much smaller than other pillows of the same size. This may be due to the shredded foam becoming bunched preventing loft.
At 6-inches, or 5.5-inches as measured by Mattress Clarity, the GhostPillow clearly has much more loft to support the head and neck than the 2-inch high MyPillow®.
Their website touts its patented 3-piece interlocking fill but simply put MyPillow® basically uses a shredded foam to fill their pillows. When ordering the MyPillow® one can choose the fill level but when it comes down to it the shredded foam will need to be fluffed in order to get it to support in any way. Upon receiving the MyPillow® one is instructed to place the pillow in the dryer for 15-minutes before using. This can also be a frustrating task for those apartment dwellers without a washer and dryer. MyPillow® can be machined washed and dried.
It is clear that GhostBed wins with its use of research and development in its creation of the GhostPillow. The pillow is crafted using a cool burst technology with a gel memory foam and a top layer of aerated phase change material. The solid memory foam core works to contour for the sleeper’s weight and needs. The responsive foam pops back quickly to its original new state. The lovely moisture wicking performance quilted cover not only adds a nice elegance but also can be zipped off for easy machine cleaning.
Most important when purchasing a pillow is to buy a supportive mate for the quality mattress. One wants a pillow that provides soothing comfort to relieve aches and add support for a fitful slumber.
MyPillow® states that its patented interlocking fill works as one adjusts it to cater to individual needs putting the consumer to work throughout sleep to adjust the pillow. GhostPillow does the work of adjusting to each user. It is designed to contour to an individual’s neck and head to achieve proper spinal alignment as he or she moves. The GhostPillow works throughout sleep time to reduce back and neck pain.
Cooling is key to having the most peaceful of sleeps. Where MyPillow® does not make any efforts to help one sleep cooler, GhostPillow specifically is made with technology to reduce heat.
The GhostPillow aerated Gel Memory Foam with a phase change material top layer not only works to support the head, neck, and back, but also works to keep the body cool. GhostPillow wins in comfort with its inventive Cool Burst Technology. This technology allows one to sleep cool throughout the night. As the head rests on the pillow cool air is released. In addition, the fabric cover works to wick away moisture to keep the pillow consistently cool to the touch.
It is evident that GhostPillow is the winner for its technologically advanced pillow that provides excellent support and cooling to provide the best of sleep comfort.
GhostPillow offers an impressive 5-year warranty. The pillow is protected for a full 5 years against any structural or workmanship issues.
MyPillow® will get the win here with a full 10-year warranty. MyPillow® vows to replace any pillow found to have workmanship or material defects.
V. Trial Period
With GhostPillow’s 101-night trial it is the clear winner when it comes to trial period. In order to make a fully confident decision GhostBed recommends trying their pillow for at least 30 nights. Once one has used the pillow for a full 30 nights and are not completely satisfied then they can pay to ship back the pillow for a complete refund.
MyPillow® has a 60-day guarantee. If not happy with MyPillow® the consumer is asked to pay to return the pillow to receive a refund. Note though that just the pillow cost, and not the original shipping costs, will be refunded.
It is clear that GhostPillow comes out ahead as the best pillow with its quality in construction, design, and comfort over the ordinary MyPillow®. It’s cooling technology and solid memory foam rule over MyPillow®s shredded foam fill. GhostBed’s free shipping and trial period add give more reasons to purchase the GhostPillow over the MyPillow®.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
* MyPillow® is a registered trademark company owned by My Pillow LLC.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,270.00 $889.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Size Guide: Determining the Right Size
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets