GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
Last Updated on September 15, 2020
Memory foam mattresses have now taken over as the mattress of choice for those seeking a new bed. Unlike the traditional coil spring mattress, the NASA invented memory foam mattresses conform to the body to help alleviate aches and pains with promises of the best sleep possible. As these mattresses gain popular status, more companies are seeking to make their own perfect mattress that will win the top spot as the bed of choice for shoppers.
Best Overall Mattress
Saatva is a luxury mattress brand company with several choices in mattress options of a memory foam and coil spring hybrid type bed. This does not necessarily give them the lead though when it comes to winning the spot for the best mattress. Although close, the overall reviews are giving the GhostBed memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress a lead above the luxury white glove delivered Saatva hybrid mattress.
With the mattress wars on it is important to understand that you can get a quality mattress at a very affordable price with amazing delivery and wonderful trial period. Even with Saavta offering two thickness levels, GhostBed comes in as a tie for materials and durability. As far as price GhostBed easily wins over Saatva giving an even more peaceful sleep knowing that you are saving money. For those who desire a choice of mattress levels for more money then consider Saatva, but grouping price, materials, comfort and warranty, along with GhostBed’s amazing trial period, then GhostBed is the true champion.
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Sleep Sherpa GhostBed and Saatva reviews and Mattress Clarity GhostBed and Saatva reviews and Sleepopolis GhostBed and Saatva reviews
|I. Price (Sleep Sherpa)||9.3||8.7|
|II. Materials/Durability (Mattress Clarity)||9.2||9.2|
|II. Comfort (Sleepopolis)||9.4||9.4|
|IV. Warranty (Mattress Clarity)||9.6||9.4|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Sleepopolis)||10||10|
Unlike the old fashioned coil spring mattresses, memory foam makes it possible for beds to be folded and rolled to be vacuum sealed into a box. The GhostBed bed-in-a-box mattress is delivered to the consumer’s front door and is easily unpacked and in place within minutes. Although Saatva is ordered online as well, it still is part coil spring and the shopper still must rely on being home to accept delivery of this mattress. Sleep Sherpa, Mattress Clarity and Sleepopolis give blow by blow ratings in order to make an informed choice between Saatva and GhostBed.
|Twin XL||$995.00 $795.00|
Longer but Narrow
A luxury brand like Saatva with three mattress choices in two height choices and white glove delivery certainly is higher in price than the amazingly priced GhostBed. Although Saatva also has a choice of optional foundations to add to their mattress, GhostBed is the only bed-in-a-box brand that offers an optional foundation to buy to pair with their mattress. Noted by Mattress Clarity, “GhostBed is made by Nature’s Sleep, which does huge volume in the mattress world, so I think their scale allows them to sell an equally good bed at an even better price.”
With a choice of mattress options, and its luxury appeal one would think that Saatva would be the winner for materials and durability. GhostBed certainly gives them a run for their money coming in at a tie with the more expensive Saatva. The Saatva mattress may be thicker at a choice of 11.5-inches or its 14-inch but that is also due to the fact that it merges memory foam with spring coil. The Saatva bed construction is specifically stated to be “coil on coil” with the inner coils encased by foam. On top is a thin lumbar support memory foam layer and a top pillow top with cotton mattress cover.
The GhostBed 11-inch high mattress is the thickest among the bed-in-a-box brands and is purely an all memory foam and foam bed. The three layers that make up GhostBed provide seamless construction to allow for great comfort. Stated by Mattress Clarity, “the mattress felt very well made and the transition between the layers was seamless.” Made of aerated latex foam, the 1.5-inch top layer is specifically designed to be naturally responsive, plush and to provide cooling. A 2-inch middle gel memory foam layer is designed with a proprietary formula of larger cells to make it more reactive to the body for cooler nights. High density foam to allow for increased support and longevity is used to construct the 7.5-inch foundation layer.
Although the Saatva bed cover is lovely in appearance, the beautiful GhostBed cover can be easily zipped off for machine washing.
Comfort can be relative based on ones needs and wants. Comparing the memory foam GhostBed to the Saatva coil spring and foam hybrid can be like comparing apples and oranges. Sleepopolis comments about Saatva, “The Saatva has a nice plush feel on top, but allows enough give that you feel well supported by the pocketed contour coils below.” With the coil springs, motion transfer is not rated well for Saatva compared to the all memory foam GhostBed. GhostBed gets notable ratings for comfort by Sleepopolis.
“The GhostBed mattress has proved to be quite impressive. By offering a level of firmness that softens up during sleep, the GhostBed is able to meet the needs of a large number of sleepers. Not to mention the above average levels of support and cooling.”
GhostBed continues to top competitors its GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty. Fully standing behind their product, GhostBed promises to fully replace the mattress, at no cost, if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. For years 11 through 20 of ownership GhostBed provides additional coverage and protection, stating that they will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost. Saatva offers a 15-year limited warranty. They will replace a deemed defective mattress fully at no cost within the first two years of ownership. For years three to 15 if the mattress is deemed defective then Saatva will repair the bed yet costumer will be charged for transportation costs.
V. Trial Period
Both companies offer great trial periods as GhostBed offers their 101-day sleep trial while Saatva’s 120-day trial period. GhostBed allows for a complete no cost refund, including delivery and pick up costs. All GhostBed asks is that you try the mattress for a minimum of 30 nights in order to fully decide if you and your mattress are a perfect match. Stated by GhostBed, “We suggest taking 30 to 60 nights to make your decision, but we’ve given you 101 nights to relax and enjoy it.”
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $835.00 $635.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets