GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
Last Updated on September 12, 2020
With memory foam mattresses being perfected they have become the popular state of the art mattress as a preferred purchase those seeking to buy a new bed. Allowing the distribution of body weight to be evenly supported, the memory foam mattress creates a perfect balance to relieve aches and pains among individual pressure points. This design quality is what allows the memory foam mattress to foster a great night’s sleep.
Overall immediately upon first look at comparing the mattresses sitting side by side one will instantly gravitate to the better quality looking GhostBed. Although the basic bed-in-the-box concept is very similar, the GhostBed as reviewed is built from superior materials. Double the better construction with a lower price, than the pros are certainly in favor of the stylish and sleep provoking GhostBed.
|Size||The GhostBed*||Casper Mattress|
|Twin XL||$995.00 $795.00||$745|
Longer but Narrow
Along with construction, durability, and sleep comfort, the price you will be paying for your new memory foam mattress can be a huge issue.
At 11-inches high versus Casper’s 9.5-inch high mattress, GhostBed wins in construction over Casper.
“One of the key items of GhostBed is that it is made by Nature’s Sleep, a mattress company that has been around for a number of years,” as noted by Mattress Clarity.
The GhostBed mattress is made with a 1.5-inch continuous aerated latex foam top layer that is made specifically to not retain heat. The top layer sits on 2-inches of a gel memory foam layer designed to comfort the body for a cooler night’s sleep. The base layer is created from a 7.5-inch high density foam for increased support and longevity. Also setting the GhostBed apart from Casper is its stretchable soft tufted mattress cover that zips off to be machine washed. GhostBed and Casper both offer a matching foundation.
Comfort means different things for different people. Back, side and stomach sleepers all want a mattress that is constructed specifically for them. While some prefer a very firm mattress while others want something to sink into. The design basis behind both Casper and GhostBed is to develop and create a singular mattress that will fit all sleep types. This is perfect for those who share a bed.
Both Mattress Clarity and The Sleep Sherpa have given GhostBed great comfort reviews. As stated by Mattress Clarity in their GhostBed review, “The GhostBed bounces back fairly quickly (for a foam mattress) due to the top layer of latex. The extra spring is enough to make sure you avoid that ‘stuck’ feeling that is common in memory foam mattresses” continuing, “The firmness is at a point where it’s comfortable to sleep in any position.” Sleep Sherpa adds to their GhostBed review, “The combination of cooling gel foam below ventilated latex is a nice touch.”
There is no comparison with the warranty’s issued by GhostBed and Casper. At an astounding GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty versus Casper’s 10-year limited warranty, GhostBed clearly comes out ahead. Both companies promise to fully replace the mattress if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. GhostBed goes much further, providing additional coverage and protection for years 11 through 20 of ownership in which they will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost.
V. Trial Period
Having substantial trial periods really allows you to get to know your mattress in the comfort of your own home. Both Casper and GhostBed offer great trial periods with GhostBed allowing for 101-day sleep test and Casper boasting a 100-night trial. This certainly allows for you to really decide if the mattress you choose really does provide the ultimate night’s sleep. GhostBed and Casper both allow for one to request to return within the trial period to have the mattress picked up at no cost and receive a full refund. GhostBed does request, “You give your new mattress a chance for the two of you to get to know each other for a minimum of 30 nights,” which makes full sense.
As GhostBed says, “We suggest taking 30 to 60 nights to make your decision, but we’ve given you 101 nights to relax and enjoy it.”
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $835.00 $635.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets