For some of us, getting out of bed in the morning can be difficult. And we're not just talking about needing "5 more minutes" after your alarm goes off.
If you're physically having trouble getting out of bed, you're not alone. Often, your bed frame and mattress are just making matters worse! Keep reading, and we'll explain how an adjustable bed base can make getting out of your bed easier, safer and more secure.
How an Adjustable Base Can Help
While your mattress provides the foundation for a good night of sleep, an adjustable base customizes the experience.
Most of us, for example, take the simple act of getting in and out of bed for granted. But for older adults and those with mobility issues, this can be a real challenge. An adjustable base can make it much easier to get out of bed by allowing you to adjust the elevation to suit your needs.
If you need to elevate your head as you sleep for any health reasons, an adjustable base can also make this easier. No extra pillows required!
How to Use an Adjustable Base to Get Out of Bed
Here's how to use your adjustable to get out of bed safely and easily:
- Raise the head of your adjustable bed so that you are in a seated position (with your legs straight in front of you).
- Raise your feet about 8 or 9 inches.
- Slowly swing both legs over the bed's edge.
- Steady your hands against the bottom half and upper edge of your mattress, and push yourself up out of bed.
Additional Tips For Getting Out of Bed Safely
Here are a few extra things you can do to make getting out of bed safer and easier if you have mobility issues. The tips below include some of the most popular advice.
- Ensure you have a quality mattress that provides ample support for your back and hips. The last thing you need is a sagging, old mattress that seemingly "sucks you in." The GhostBed Flex is a popular option because of the support it provides; its reinforced edges also make it easier to get in and out of bed.
- Place a sturdy chair next to the bed so you can use it to transfer yourself into and out of bed. Do not use a folding chair or chair with wheels.
- Use a bedside table to keep essential items within reach. That way, you won't need to get up and stumble through the dark.
- Keep your bedroom tidy, so you don't have to worry about tripping hazards if you lose your balance.
Choosing the Right Adjustable Base for You
By making simple changes in your positioning, you can make life a little easier. That's just one of the reasons our Adjustable Base has been a customer favorite from the start!
Curious about how an adjustable could work for you? Shop today, or give our Sleep Experts a call if you have any questions.
Relax and put your feet up (literally) with the luxury GhostBed Adjustable Base. Enjoy independent head and foot adjustability, massage settings and more.