Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
Last Updated on June 24, 2022
Are you looking for a great bed for sex? Read our comprehensive guide on achieving a comfortable place to enjoy intimate activity, along with the best mattress to buy.
I. Benefits for Sex
II. Sleep Positions for Sex
III. Sex Sleeping Tips
IV. Sex Sleeping FAQ’s
V. GhostBed Sex Sleeper Reviews
The bed may be the center for a peaceful night’s sleep but it is also a favorite spot for couples to enjoy the intimate activity of sex. The act of sex is a time to grow and enhance a relationship. So, having the best mattress for sex is of utmost importance to enjoy each other’s love in the most comfortable way possible.
Whether just cuddling, or enjoying some athletics of Olympian quality, a couple can go through an array of sexual activities with the bed taking center stage. Of course, with sex leading to sleep, partners need a mattress capable of not only being the spot to get intimate, but also the place to drift off to dreamland. The perfect foreplay to enjoying each other in bed would be to begin by shopping together to find the best bed for sex as well.
I. Benefits for Sex
Not only is sex an enjoyable activity but it is also aerobic and muscle stretching which mean that you also get to count your intimate playdate as a session of exercise. Research has indicated that sex can burn five calories per minute. So not only is it an enjoyable form of entertainment, but it gives you an extra benefit that TV will never give you. Those who enjoy a more active sex life will of course see the profit from this form of exercise grow.
It stands to reason that after any form of rigorous exercise the body and mind will be tired and want to drift off. Added to the fact that sex is exercise, is that after some fun intimate action the body releases the chemical oxytocin. This is the magic potion that makes you want to drift off to dreamland. Sex proves the best medicine to relieve insomnia.
The act of being intimate through snuggling, hugging and more, creates a security that reduces stress and anxiety. A Yale study concluded that daily sexual activity allows for growth of cells in the part of the brain known as the hippocampus. With this area of the brain being responsible for setting stress levels, the study found that with more sex the more the hippocampus is triggered to reduce stress. In addition, the stress hormone cortisol is also seen to be reduced in people who are more sexually active.
Although you may feel as if your heart is racing during a dance in bed, sex is actually helping to reduce the risk for one to have a heart attack. Studies have found that men who regularly engage in sex, at least two times a week, as compared to those who do not have the opportunity to enjoy sex regularly, are less probable to pass away from heart disease. Amorous activity keeps the levels of estrogen and testosterone hormones balanced, which reduces the risk of osteoporosis, as well as heart disease.
II. Sleep Positions for Sex
Big Spoon, Little Spoon
When the larger of the couple, the big spoon, holds the smaller of the couple, the little spoon, it is very sensual as the bodies seem to fit perfectly together. This is a wonderful sleep position for before and after some mattress activity. It makes all feel a sense of security, warmth and calmness, allowing for a great sleep.
Intertwined as If One
Wrapped within each other’s arms and legs allows for a couple to feel as if they are one. Partners cannot find a closer position. Being intertwined allows for sexual pillow talk and great cuddling to get into the mood. It is also a great way for the couple to continue to feel the closeness after sex as they drift off to sleep.
Head on Shoulder
Resting a head on your lover’s shoulder allows for one to feel a sense of being protected by your loved one. While a mate lays on in the back position, the other snuggles up on his or her side resting the head gently on the other’s shoulder. This is a wonderful position when just lying down for a bit of relaxation and talk before some fun. It also works after sex to assure security and love as both fall to sleep.
III. Sex Sleeping Tips
- So, it might not seem romantic to plan sex, but it can help when it comes to getting the sleep you both need. Make a date to get into bed at least 30 minutes before you usually know you tend to fall asleep. This will give you time for sexy talk, snuggling and some fun activity, while still assuring to get a proper night’s sleep.
- Sometimes just by buying a new mattress will help couples to sleep better together. Perhaps your bed is old and sagging in the middle causing you both to roll uncomfortably towards the middle. Maybe it is just time to move from a Queen to a King size to allow more space for comfort. Consider purchasing the best mattress for couples which would generally be a universally firm bed. Memory foam will give to individual needs allowing for different weights and sleep positions to be totally supported.
- Sex can heat up the bed so keep the room at a cooler temperature. This will allow for soothing cool comfort to counteract the friction firing up between the sheets. Once the lovemaking is over take a breather in the coolness of the room to just relax in each other’s arms to glide off to dreamland.
IV. Sex Sleeping FAQ’s
Is it a good idea to wake a partner in the middle of sleep for sex?
The consensus on this question is usually no. Once someone is soundly asleep he or she is not going to be want to be woken up for anything so obviously getting woken for sex would not be considered enticing foreplay. Instead hold out for the morning or next evening when both of you are awake and deciding together to have some sexual fun.
When can we sync a sex life when on different sleep schedules?
Many couples juggle different work and sleep schedules. Find a common time when you both can make a date to meet under the covers. Perhaps morning as one is waking and the other just arrives home from work. Try to schedule at least one day a week that you can have off together to gain some couple time.
V. GhostBed Sex Sleeper Reviews
Sex can be a very vigorous activity that requires a good base to perform on. The mattress needs to be comfortable for fun as well as to entice the best sleep possible. Memory foam can prove to be a best mattress for sex as it bounces back instantly as well as conforms to all body positions.
GhostBed is an ideal mattress for sex fun, with real customers reviewing their experience.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,270.00 $889.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- How to Train Yourself to Sleep on Your Back
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Size Guide: Determining the Right Size
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets