Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
Last Updated on July 20, 2021
I. Benefits of Sleeping Cool
II. Sleeping Cool Tips
III. Gadgets to Help Sleeping Cool
IV. Sleeping Cool FAQ’s
V. GhostBed Cooling Mattress Reviews
Sleeping cool can be the single one thing to help many be able to drift off to the restful bedtime. Whether it is the heat of weather, or an overactive heating system, sweat and falling to sleep do not work well together – causing tossing and turning, and endless waking in an effort to get comfortable.
Not everyone is fortunate to have air conditioning, or perhaps happen to be caught up in an unexpected heat wave. Those battling heat to achieve dreamland are constantly seeking a remedy of a magic position to cool off for bed. Along with tips and cooling gadgets, it is important to buy a mattress that works to cool as an avenue to provide comfort and a great sleep.
I. Benefits of Sleeping Cool
Rolling around in the heat on a hot bed is not going to inducive to finding peaceful sleep. Insomnia has been linked directly to the body’s temperature rising to high levels when attempting to rest. Heat can jolt one awake whereas a cooler surrounding will give comfort to the body allowing it to drift off peacefully. Normalizing the body temp, by cooling it down, will lead to falling to sleep faster and staying asleep throughout the night.
Want to achieve a metabolism boost, and perhaps lose a couple of pounds, then you will want to seek out a cooler sleep environment. Sleeping cool has been seen to increase the good fat, known as brown fat, that works to burn calories. When calories are expended then metabolic health is improved, thus, helping with weight loss and reducing risk of metabolic diseases, such as diabetes.
Along with giving the body a health inducing metabolic boost, sleeping cool also helps to raise melatonin levels in the body. Along with assisting in achieving a younger appearance, growing the melatonin production also helps in dropping one’s risk of cancer. It has been seen that blood lacking melatonin promotes tumor development, yet blood that is rich in melatonin actually-reduces the growth of tumors. To work on preventing cancer it is important to sleep in a cooler room to help increase melatonin levels.
Less Stress – Better Mood
A comfortable, good quality sleep is known to regulate the levels of the stress hormone called cortisol. A hot room that causes poor sleep works to increase the cortisol production that leads to depression. By achieving a cool sleep environment, one is making the room the optimal temperature for drifting off to dreamland in a quick and relaxing manner. Sleeping cool allows for the best of rest to assure that the body and brain has the best rest possible which leads to reduced stress and a better mood.
II. Sleeping Cool Tips
Cotton is Best
Think 100-percent cotton and leave out the polyester if you are looking for the best bedding that will aid in a cooler sleep. Sleeping between light-colored, all natural, cotton sheets surround the body with a breathable environment that works to ventilate and promote airflow for cooling. Choose a high thread count if you want a luxurious cooler sleep.
In the Nude, or Close
The more bed clothes that one has on, the more the heat has a place to get trapped for a sweaty night. Get free and slip into bed naked. The skin will breathe better between the cotton sheets to allow for a cooler sleep. For those who prefer being dressed for bed, choose loose fitting, all cotton, night apparel – such as a simple night shirt, or a tee and shorts – that will allow for the air to flow around the body.
Quick Cool Freeze
Want a quick trick that has been handed down for generations looking for a trick to get cool? Simply apply ice to the body’s pulse points. Place a cold pack, or a piece of ice, to pulse points at the wrists, neck, and elbows, or behind the knees and ankles.
Fan the Cool In
Not everyone has the comfort of an air conditioner available to cool down a room for sleep. For those without an AC, a fan is a wonderful option for getting a cooler breeze going. If possible, create a cross-breeze to get the optimal cooling affect. Place the fan across from a window so that air blows over the bed towards the window.
III.Gadgets to Help Sleeping Cool
Cooling Pillow Mat
For those seeking to rest a weary head on comfort ready for a sleep filled cool night, then top a favorite pillow with a mat designed to cool. A get cooling mat offers cooling convenience that can even be easily taken along when traveling. The mat works to disperse heat away from the head to allow for a cooler sleep.
Instead of attempting to position a fan just right to get air directed at you, why not use a fan made specifically to cool the bed that one is sleeping upon. The BedJet’sis a fan made for a bed. The nozzle is placed strategically on the mattress to blow air into the bed for a cool consistent temperature. This even works great for those sleeping with AC who need a bit more cooling help when sleeping.
Okay so optimally the best sheets are 1000 thread natural cotton, but cotton will absorb sweat and not wick hot moisture away from the body. Sheex bedding is designed with a special fabric technology crafted to specifically help to keep people sleeping cool. The fabric has an “enhanced breathability and advanced thermoregulation” that works to keep the body dry and cool.
Just as you can lay a pad atop the pillow for cooling, there are also pads made to place on a mattress for cooling benefits. The ChiliPad Cube mattress pad uses a temperature controlling system made for cooling in mind. It works by circulating water throughout zones of micro tubes. This allows for a regulated cool temperature that will promote a restful sleep.
IV. Sleeping Cool FAQ’s
What room temperature is the best to get great sleeping?
The optimal room temperature is one that will match the internal body temp that is naturally lowered during sleep. Keeping in mind that no two bodies are alike, experts agree that sleeping in a room that is between 65 – 72-degrees Fahrenheit is the best range of temperature for a good sleep. Loss of sleep is experienced when one is fighting a too hot room to get the body temperature down.
Can a mattress really-affect whether one is sleeping too hot?
Mattresses are no long one-size-fits-all. With the invention of the memory foam mattress came a new-found comfort but also complaints of heat retention. Now mattress companies are designing beds specifically for cooling comfort to allow for the best sleep possible.
V. GhostBed Cool Sleeper Reviews
Attempting to find a truly comforting sleep can sometimes seem like a fruitless task. Add to that waking hot all night and one can actually-feel like they are doomed to never rest again. First rule should be to get the most comfortable mattress possible to provide a cooling- soothing home to dream in. Make sure that whatever bed is considered is designed to cool as well.
GhostBed has crafted the perfect cooling mattress for dreamland, with real customers reviewing their experience.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,070.00 $749.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets