How to Make Breastfeeding in Bed More Comfortable
Last Updated on November 27, 2023
Are you a new parent? If so, congratulations!
We’re big on family at GhostBed, so we know how exciting it can be. And we also know how important your bedroom setup is during this phase of life, since you might be spending a lot of time there with baby.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect pillow to help make breastfeeding in bed more comfortable, or you’re curious about how an adjustable bed base might help, we’re here for you.
Settle in, get cozy and keep reading for our best tips from some of the moms on our team here.
Use the Right Pillows for Support
When it comes to breastfeeding in bed, comfort is king. One easy way to get comfy is to position yourself in bed with plenty of pillows for support. Not only will this help you avoid soreness in your shoulders and back, it will also allow you to position your baby comfortably.
- Our go-to pillow is the GhostPillow ‐ Gel Memory Foam. Place a few behind and around you to support your back, neck and head. You can use the pillow to prop up your baby during feedings if you don’t have a traditional nursing pillow.
- Another option is a sit-up pillow. These wedge-shaped pillows fill in the space behind your back while breastfeeding in bed. Some come with built-in armrests, for added comfort.
- And don’t forget special nursing pillows. Nursing pillows come in a variety of shapes and sizes and can be filled with materials like buckwheat or memory foam. A nursing pillow is a great resting place for baby, but we’d still recommend some comfortable pillows behind you that you can lean into.
Use an Adjustable Bed Base
Adjustable bed bases are a fantastic way to make breastfeeding more comfortable for both you and your baby.
- By raising the head of the bed, you can avoid having to hunch over your infant, which can lead to back pain.
- With completely custom elevation options, you can position your baby at just the right height for comfortable feeding.
- A split king adjustable bed base allows you to raise your side of the bed when it’s time for feeding without waking up your partner.
- And finally, many adjustable bed bases come with built-in massage, which is perfect for relaxing after a feeding as you drift back to sleep.
Whether you're a new mother or a seasoned pro, an adjustable bed base is a great way to make breastfeeding more comfortable for both you and your little one.
Make Nursing a Cozy & Comfy Affair
By taking the time to position yourself correctly, you can ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for both you and your little one. We hope we have given you some new ideas to try!
Still have questions about adjustable bases, or need help selecting a new mattress? Our Sleep Experts are here to help you and your new addition start on the right foot!
Marc has spent the last two decades designing & manufacturing mattresses and other sleep products, drawing on a lifetime of experience working with the material sciences. With several patents to his name, he works closely with the GhostBed team to create products with the perfect balance of comfort & support. Learn More