9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
Last Updated on September 12, 2020
With so many seeking the illusive good night of sleep, questions arise as to the best ways to find comfort for dreamland. The science and benefits have shown that sleeping cool provides a means to falling, and staying, asleep.
Whether health or age related, or housing situation, many people find themselves uncomfortably hot when seeking a healthy snooze. Frequently questions arise as to what is causing overheating while sleeping and what options can be tried to achieve a cool sleep. Answers are available to aid in finding sleeping cool assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Cool
Could my mattress be making me sleep hotter?
That is one huge yes! When memory foam mattresses first gained notice it was for their comfort factors. As they gained in popularity consumers began noticing, and speaking up, about how they held in heat causing one to sleep too hot. Mattresses are now being made using special cooling gel and technology combined with memory and latex foams to provide the most comfortable of rest possible.
Crafted to be more reactive to the body for cooler nights, GhostBed has designed a proprietary formula with larger cells used in its gel memory foam layer. That layer, combined with its continuous aerated latex foam layer and the plush cover, create a great platform for a cool and comfortable sleep.
What is the best room temperature for sleeping?
When heading to beddy-bye the room temperature should be matched to the internal body temp, which is naturally lowered during sleep. With no two bodies the same, experts have noted that the ideal room temp for the best sleep possible should be between 65 – 72-degrees Fahrenheit. One can lose much needed sleep when spending the night battling a too hot room that is not agreeing with their body temperature.
Is there a way to cool off a mattress?
For those not ready to invest in a new cooling technology mattress, mattress pads made specifically for cooling are available for purchase. There are mattress pads are made with cooling gel, as well as technology advanced pads designed to circulate water for cooling purposes.
How can I cool off when sweating is my nightmare?
Hormones, illness, and just plain heat can cause a nightmare of sweating that can wake one up as much as the heat does. Bedding companies, such as Sheex, are making sheets made specifically to keep one cool by wicking away from the body the moisture that sweat causes. This allows for the body to stay dry and cool.
Will buying a new pillow help cool me off at night?
Older pillows do not have the same cooling abilities that newer ones have. Companies are now putting the cooling technology they have designed for mattresses into their pillows as well. GhostBed has used their bedding genius to create the world’s most advanced real-time cooling pillow.
Are there extra cooling options to use with the pillow I have?
Just as one can purchase a cooling mattress pad, there are also cooling pads to place atop a beloved pillow. Cooling pillow mats offer cooling technology to cradle the head. These mats are also generally small enough to take traveling.
What can I add to make me sleep cooler even in a room with air conditioning?
Turning on a fan, whether a ceiling fan, table, or floor fan, can often enhance the room’s AC by adding a cool breeze. If you need more then there are fans made specifically to cool a bed down. These fans have nozzles that blow air onto the mattress for consistent cooling with temperature control.
Is there a sleep mask that will help with creating a cooler sleep?
Yes, there are sleep masks created to put in the freezer that will provide the coolness ones requires for sleep comfort. These masks are generally comprised of gel beads that provide comfort. In addition to the cooling factor, these sleep masks also help to reduce morning eye puffiness.
What are some easy instant fixes I can do to help sleep cooler?
Shed the bed clothes! Experts agree that clothes will trap heat in. By sleeping naked one allows for the air to flow around the body to allow for a cooler sleep.
Grab some ice or a bag of freezer vegies and simply place on the body’s pulse points. Putting a cold-pack on the different pulse points at the wrists, neck, elbows, behind the knees and ankles is known to cool the body temperature down.
Heat rise so simply placing the mattress closer to floor level can help with allowing for a cooler night of sleep. Consider removing the boxspring and putting the bed on a low platform.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $835.00 $635.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets