GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
Last Updated on June 24, 2022
As memory foam mattresses become the bedding of choice more companies are focusing on designing their own memory foam mattress that they claim is the best. The mattress wars are on and people want to know who the winner so they can purchase the overall best to get the most superlative sleep possible. Spring mattresses are so last century. The development and continuing perfection of the memory foam mattress has brought new awareness to its abilities. Memory foam allows for even support of the body’s weight to relieve aches to allow for the best sleep potential.
Best Overall Mattress
The mattress bed-in-the-box battles continue as foam mattresses gain in popularity and the boxed mattresses make it easy to order and get quick delivery of a new mattress. GhostBed continues its winning streak with its 11-inch thick mattress easily beating Tuft & Needle’s 10-inch thick mattress. GhostBed also wins over Tuft & Needle with its very comfortable and attractive mattress cover that is removable for machine washing. GhostBed leads in reviews for comfort and durability with its unique design coupled with a great price. Overall GhostBed comes out as the victor over Tuft & Needle.
Tuft & Needle
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Sleep Sherpa GhostBed and Tuft & Needle reviews and Mattress Clarity GhostBed and Tuft & Needle reviews
|GhostBed||Tuft and Needle|
|II. Materials/Durability (Mattress Clarity)||9.2||7.6|
|II. Comfort (Mattress Clarity)||8.4||8|
|IV. Warranty (Mattress Clarity)||9.6||9.6|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Sleep Sherpa for GhostBed)||9||9|
With the ability to bend and be folded, memory foam mattresses can be vacuum sealed to be compacted into a box. Shoppers now can easily order their mattress online and have it delivered within days to their front door in a compact box. Sleep Sherpa and Mattress Clarity have conducted mattress testing to determine the best bed. See the breakdown below of the reviewer’s results.
Tuft & Needle
GhostBed stands the winner in height at 11-inches versus Tuft & Needle’s common 10-inch height. Both companies use their own proprietary foam as part of their mattress design. Tuft & Needle claims that their adaptive foam is more comfortable and supportive than memory foam. The Tuft & Needle’s adaptive foam layer sits on a base layer for support with their claim that the use of less layers is the way to keep cooler. GhostBed has its own cooling methods as noted by The Sleep Sherpa, “The combination of cooling gel foam below ventilated latex is a nice touch.”
With three layers and height GhostBed showcases as a substantial mattress. The GhostBed mattress is made with a 1.5-inch continuous aerated latex foam top layer that is made specifically to not retain heat. The top layer sits on 2-inches of a gel memory foam layer designed to comfort the body for a cooler night’s sleep. The base layer is created from a 7.5-inch high density foam for increased support and longevity. Tuft & Needle does not use memory foam or latex. According to Tuft & Needle, the T&N Adaptive Foam paired with a support layer reacts to all sizes of sleepers to give the right amount of support. “This is a good mattress for stomach sleepers,” The Sleep Sherpa concluded in its review of Tuft & Needle.
The GhostBed has a true designer look to it with its mattress cover that zips off for easy cleaning as compared with the Tuft & Needle’s simple looking cover that is recommended to only be spot cleaned. Adding to GhostBed’s uniqueness is that they offer a matching foundation to purchase, which is not an option given by Tuft & Needle.
Tuft & Needle
Everyone has a different opinion of what is comfortable for their own body. This has often been the cause of shopping issues for couples searching for a new mattress to please both partners. The beauty of both GhostBed and Tuft & Needle is that by offering one mattress designed to suit all sleep inclinations makes it easy to order and please all who are searching for the best sleep possible.
Both GhostBed and Tuft & Needle have been given great comfort reviews with GhostBed coming out a bit ahead. Noted by Mattress Clarity about the Tuft & Needle, “The mattress is definitely a bit firmer than average,” continuing “I personally like a firmer mattress, and found the support to be among the best of mattresses I’ve tried. The mattress is comfortable, but doesn’t have a plush marshmallow feel that some people prefer.” Mattress Clarity declares about GhostBed, “The firmness is at a point where it’s comfortable to sleep in any position. It’s a very good option for people that sleep in multiple positions throughout the night, or for couples with different sleeping positions.”
Sleep Sherpa concludes in their GhostBed review, “The combination of cooling gel foam below ventilated latex is a nice touch.”
Tuft & Needle
Even though GhostBed and Tuft & Needle came out tied for warranty in the Mattress Clarity review, the GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty is the clear winner over Tuft & Needle’s 10-year warranty. In addition, GhostBed promises to fully replace the mattress if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. Tuft & Needle states that they will replace if a repair is not possible for the defective product or defective components of the product.
After ten years GhostBed provides additional coverage and protection. For years 11 through 20 of ownership GhostBed will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost.
V. Trial Period
Tuft & Needle
The ability to have an at home substantial trial period allows for people to really get a taste of understanding if their mattress is a true match for their comfort needs and wants. With GhostBed leading by a day with their 101-day sleep test to Tuft & Needle’s 100-night trial, both companies come out winners.
GhostBed asks that you try the mattress for a minimum of 30 nights in order to really to really understand if you and your mattress are a perfect match. Stated by GhostBed, “We suggest taking 30 to 60 nights to make your decision, but we’ve given you 101 nights to relax and enjoy it.”
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,270.00 $889.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- How to Train Yourself to Sleep on Your Back
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Size Guide: Determining the Right Size
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets