GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
Last Updated on September 15, 2020
With the adjustable bed base becoming the foundation of choice for all seeking to add additional comfort to work with their memory foam mattress. Adding amenities of built-in massage, along with zero-gravity, TV, custom programable positions, and other options, the adjustable base makes the bed more than just a mere place to sleep.
Best Overall Adjustable Base
As more and more people are focusing on making the bed a complete home comfort station, bedding companies are upping their game to offer the best adjustable base. With the memory foam mattress as the most popular bed of choice, the adjustable foundation is the mattress’ perfect lifestyle mate to garner many health benefits and the best of sleep.
Comparing bases, it is clear that the GhostBed adjustable base is the best overall victor compared to Reverie’s similar 4M adjustable foundation. Factoring price for features alone one will instantly be drawn to the GhostBed base. Once one compares GhostBed’s and Reverie’s 4M options it is obvious that the GhostBed adjustable base wins out over Reverie.
It is obvious that GhostBed is the clear winner when adding to its durability, comfort and features, its limited lifetime warranty compared to Reverie’s 20-year limited warranty. GhostBed builds and sells their base directly from GhostBed with free delivery to one’s front door. The Reverie base must be purchased from a third party which can vary when it comes to price and any delivery charges.
II. Features Breakdown
III. Materials/ Durability
|TWIN XL (38” X 80”)||$999||$999|
|QUEEN (60” X 80”)||$1199||$1,099|
|SPLIT KING (2 – TWIN XL)(76” X 80”)||$2,700.00 $2,600.00||$1,999|
GhostBed wins for their low price compared to the Reverie 4M adjustable base.
II. Features Breakdown
|Massage Modes||15 Modes||3 patterns, 10 intensities|
|Massage Intensity Levels||10, 20 and 30 minute timers for auto shut down||Choice of 3 massage wave speeds with alternating option|
|Tilts||Head & Foot||Head & Foot|
|Factory Preset Positions||3 – TV, Zero Gravity, Lounge||2 – Zero Gravity, Snore|
|Memory Custom Programmable Positions||2||2|
|Remote||Wireless, Backlit, 18 functions||Wireless, Backlit, 16 functions|
|Emergency Power Down||Yes – Auto to flat in power outage||Yes – Auto to flat in power outage|
|Sync Capable||Yes – Two Twin XL can be synced for one King||Yes – Two Twin XL can be synced for one King|
|Height Adjustability||Fixed 12 inches||Yes – 3-inch, 5.25-inch, 8-inch|
|No. of Legs||6||4|
|USB Ports||Yes – On each side||No|
|Mattress Retention System||Anti-Skid Decking, Retainer Bar||ProGrip Technology, Corner Retainer Bars|
|Warranty||Full 1 year – Parts, Labor, Freight Limited 2nd year – Parts
Limited Lifetime – Steel Frame, Mech Base Parts
|Full 1 year – Parts, Labor, Freight Limited 2nd & 3rd year – Parts
25-Year Limited – Steel Frame, Mech Base Parts
The GhostBed and Reverie 4M are similar in appearance with a grey fabric wrapped base atop a metal frame. Both companies ship their bases ready to assemble.
Both bases assemble easily. Ghostbed does not require any tools and the Reverie comes with an allen wrench to aid assembly. Two people should lift the heavy bases for safety reasons, but only one person is needed for assembly. GhostBed makes assembly easy with linking bolts that simply turn down and slide into brackets to connect sections.
GhostBed and Reverie both require feet to be screwed into place. There are six legs on the GhostBed and four for the Reverie. The GhostBed feet are a fixed at a 12-inch height and there are three height choices for the Reverie feet. The single retainer bar for the GhostBed simply is slid into place whereas Reverie requires a bit of elbow grease to install its corner retainer bars..
To assist in keeping the mattress from slipping as the base moves, both manufacturers offer anti-slip technology. The GhostBed adjustable base has a full anti-skid decking to hold any mattress in place. Reverie uses a similar technology for mattress retention called ProGrip.
A lot of weight can be handled by both company’s bases with GhostBed being able to take on a 750-pound lift capacity and Reverie holding a smidgen more at 850-pounds. Both the GhostBed and Reverie bases are built from steel.
The wonderful feature of under bed lighting can only be found on the GhostBed base. GhostBed offers built in USB ports on each side of their base. Reverie makes no mention of offering USB ports.
Backlit wireless remotes come with both the GhostBed and Reverie and both allow for remote to be synced along with beds for a split King. With its three preset options plus programable memory options along with massage and a built-in flashlight, the GhostBed remote wins over the Reverie remote with less preset options and no flashlight.
Both offer emergency battery backup to position bed back to flat option in case of power option. GhostBed uses a common 110 volts’ plug compared to Reverie’s 120-volt input.
Comfort is key when seeking to purchase the best in a memory foam mattress as well as the base it is placed upon. GhostBed has conducted its research for creating its remote combining the comfort of massage along with preset and programable options. Along with massage, Reverie has two programable options but lacks in presets compared to GhostBed.
GhostBed remote has 18 functions compared to the 16 on the Reverie remote. In addition to preset TV, zero-gravity, and lounge positions, the GhostBed remote allows for one to custom program two memory positions. Add to that GhostBed’s 15 modes of massage that work with recessed soothing massage units inside adjustable base. The GhostBed remote has a built-in flashlight feature that the Reverie remote lacks.
The Reverie does offer a zero-gravity position plus an anti-snore position. Those without snoring problems will long for the TV and lounge presets that the GhostBed remote has and Reverie does not. Reverie offers several massage options on its remote settings.
Reverie does offer an add-on Bluetooth Mobile Module option, but when reading the app reviews one will certainly not want to pay more to connect their smartphone when they already have a remote.
There is no question that GhostBed is the certain winner with its GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty over Reverie’s 20-Year Limited Warranty.
The GhostBed warranty includes a full one year warranty on parts, labor, and freight. In the first year of ownership GhostBed will repair or replace any parts discovered defective with no extra cost to consumer. A limited year two warranty from GhostBed covers the replacement of any defective parts less labor and freight. The GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty covers steel and mechanical base parts for life if they are found to be defective.
As with the GhostBed, Reverie has full coverage for the first year of ownership. From year two until year five Reverie will offer replacement parts – less labor and freight. The Reverie steel base and its mechanical base parts will be covered for up to 20-years if found defective.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $835.00 $635.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets