GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
Last Updated on April 14, 2021
When NASA invented the comforting memory foam no one realized how powerful it would affect the bedding industry. The traditional coil spring mattress is quickly being replaced by the now favored memory foam bed. As knowledge is gained so has the growth of companies striving to build the best mattress possible. People are seeking to find the memory foam mattress that fits their needs and wants with the quest to get a great night’s sleep and relieve aches and pains. With so many different memory foam mattresses on the market one needs to carefully research as to which manufacturer will actually have the winning comfortable, cooling and affordable mattress.
Best Overall Mattress
The race to create the best mattress is gaining speed with companies running neck to neck in the race to win the top place. GhostBed and Loom & Leaf have both gotten top rated reviews for their memory foam mattresses. Loom & Leaf may have gotten close to GhostBed’s lead but then again one is comparing a luxury mattress company with two mattresses choices, versus the highly rated GhostBed’s bed-in-a-box. GhostBed clearly wins with their 101-night in home trial versus Loom & Leaf’s 75-day trial. Delivery is very easy with GhostBed as it is delivered vacuumed sealed in a box to your door. Loom & Leaf requires you to be home to wait for delivery. Overall both mattresses are top winners but coupling affordability with ease of delivery, trial period and warranty one should definitely consider the top bed-in-the-box GhostBed.
Loom & Leaf
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Sleep Sherpa GhostBed and Loom & Leaf reviews and Mattress Clarity GhostBed and Loom & Leaf reviews and Memory Foam Talk GhostBed and Loom & Leaf reviews
|GhostBed||Loom & Leaf|
|I. Price (Mattress Foam Talk)||10||9.4|
|II. Materials/Durability (Mattress Clarity)||9.2||9.2|
|II. Comfort (Mattress Foam Talk)||9.5||9.6|
|IV. Warranty (Mattress Clarity)||9.6||9.2|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Sleep Sherpa)||9||9|
A luxury memory foam brand mattress with traditional delivery does not mean that you are getting a better bed for your money. Sleep Sherpa, Mattress Clarity and Memory Foam Talk has carefully tested and reviewed memory foam mattresses in order to aid with making the best bed choice. GhostBed certainly has made their mark as a winner, not only compared to other bed-in-the-box mattresses, but also reviewed against the luxury competition such as Loom & Leaf.
Loom & Leaf
|Twin XL||$1,250.00 $875.00||$849|
Longer but Narrow
Mattress Clarity states about GhostBed, “They have a quality product for a mid-range price shopper, and they’ve really separated themselves on price/value, even compared to the other online-only mattress companies.” The Mattress Clarity reviewer noted about Loom & Leaf it’s amazing value when compared to competitor’s Tempur-Pedic mid-range mattress, “I enjoyed sleeping on the mattress, but I’m most impressed by the value.” Note GhostBed includes delivery in the price of their mattresses and that Loom & Leaf charges a $99 delivery charge adding to the cost of the mattress.
Loom & Leaf
It says a lot when a bed-in-a-box gets the same rating for materials and durability as a luxury brand. GhostBed certainly stands tall for a boxed bed with a height of 11-inches. Three seamless layers provide a comfortable cool nights sleep to rival Loom & Leaf’s four-layer mattress. The GhostBed mattress is made with a 1.5-inch continuous aerated latex foam top layer that is made specifically to not retain heat. The top layer sits on 2-inches of a gel memory foam layer designed to comfort the body for a cooler night’s sleep. The base layer is created from a 7.5-inch high density foam for increased support and longevity.
At 12-inches Loom & Leaf’s mattress has definite heft. With four layers it certainly wins as far as durability, but then again this mattress should as it is rated as a luxury brand. The top gel layer is 2-inches for conforming and cooling. Under is the 2.5-inch 5-pound visco-elastic memory foam layer for contouring support. The 2-inch loft pad is a transition layer and the base layer is 5.5-inches of high-density foam core. With two choices of mattresses, both Loom & Leaf beds have the same construction.
The Loom & Leaf mattress certainly has a beautiful look with a plush lovely cover and optional matching foundation. Again this is expected for a luxury brand. The GhostBed aims high with their own designer look with a beautiful mattress cover that can easily be zipped off for machine washing. GhostBed also offers the option of buying a matching foundation as well.
Loom & Leaf
Comfort can be in the eye of the beholder, or sleeper in this matter. Loom & Leaf has a smidgen of a 1-tenth of a point above GhostBed as rated for comfort by Memory Foam Talk. As these two mattresses virtually come in as a tie for comfort that says a lot considering GhostBed’s three-layers and 11-inch height of comfort up against Loom and Leaf’s 12-inch high four-inch layer luxury mattress. For those willing to pay more, Memory Foam Talk states about Loom & Leaf, “A comfort and cooling feel that is difficult (if not impossible) to beat at this price point.” About GhostBed’s mattress comfort Memory Foam Talk mentions, “The GhostBed does a great job at providing a universal comfort mattress at a great price with superior materials.”
Loom & Leaf
It is hard to beat the GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty. GhostBed promises to fully replace the mattress if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. After ten years GhostBed provides additional coverage and protection. For years 11 through 20 of ownership GhostBed will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost. With a 15-year warranty, Loom & Leaf only will give full value of a defective mattress for its first two years of ownership. For years three through five they will replace defective mattress for 25-percent of original price paid. Years six to 10 Loom & Leaf will replace bed for 50-percent of the original price paid. From years 11 to 15 the mattress will be replaced for 75-percent of the original price paid.
V. Trial Period
Loom & Leaf
Although both companies were rated the same for sleep trial period, it is clear that GhostBed is the winner with their 101-day sleep test over Loom & Leaf’s 75-day in home experience. GhostBed asks that you try the mattress for a minimum of 30 nights in order to really to really understand if you and your mattress are a perfect match. Stated by GhostBed, “We suggest taking 30 to 60 nights to make your decision, but we’ve given you 101 nights to relax and enjoy it.” If you do wish to return a GhostBed mattress during trial period, simply request a no cost, complete refund return. Loom & Leaf will also take back a return during their trial period for a refund, but will not repay the original $99 delivery charge.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,070.00 $749.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- Guide: The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets