GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
Last Updated on September 12, 2020
With memory foam mattresses increasing in popularity so have the immense choices in companies offering these mattresses. Luxury brands offering several firmness selections compete with brands that offer all you would need in one mattress choice. Add to this mix the bed-in-a-box manufacturers and making the perfect bedding choice for one’s needs can become very confusing. Depending on budget, wants and requirements consumers should do their homework reading reviews in order to make an informed choice in buying the best mattress.
Best Overall Mattress
Aches and pains can actually be soothed by sleeping on a memory foam mattress. The NASA invented memory foam is crafted to allow for even distribution of weight to alleviate unneeded stress on a person’s individual pressure points, thus leading to a better sleep. Every manufacturer has their own mattress designs created with the proprietary foam. When comparing luxury brands like Novosbed with reasonably priced brands like GhostBed, it is important to keep in mind quality as well as affordability. GhostBed gives Novosbed a run for its money when coupling its more affordable price along with its great workmanship.
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Sleep Sherpa GhostBed and Novosbed reviews and Mattress Clarity GhostBed and Novosbed reviews and Sleepopolis GhostBed and Novosbed reviews
|I. Price (Mattress Clarity)||10||9.4|
|II. Materials/Durability (Mattress Clarity)||9.2||9.6|
|II. Comfort (Sleepopolis)||9.0||10|
|IV. Warranty (Sleepopolis)||10||10|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Sleep Sherpa)||9||9|
The wonderful bed-in-a-box mattresses are an amazing invention thanks to the bendable factors of memory foam mattresses. These mattresses are now vacuum sealed rolled up in boxes the size of a small short refrigerator. No longer is there a need to go to showrooms and wait for delivery times. The boxes are delivered to the doorstep ready to unpack and put the mattress in place to sleep. With the long trial periods you get more than just a few moments in a showroom to decide if your mattress is a good fit. With the help of Sleep Sherpa, Mattress Clarity and Sleepopolis’ research and compiled reviews consumers can now have the tools they need in order to make the informed choice between the GhostBed and Novosbed bed-in-a-box mattress
|Twin XL||$995.00 $795.00||$949|
Longer but Narrow
Novosbed is unique in that it is a luxury brand mattress but also a bed-in-a-box brand as well. You are definitely paying more for the Novosbed just for its luxury brand name, but when you compare it to GhostBed it is clear for the affordable price of GhostBed you will certainly be getting your money’s worth of comfort. The standard six size choices in mattresses including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King and Cal-King are offered by both companies. Novosbed also offers three choices in firmness as well for each sized bed.
GhostBed consistently gets high grades for being an affordable mattress offering a luxury sized 11-inch high mattress. This mattress is manufactured by the reputable parent company of Nature’s Sleep with years of experience for quality constructing and designing of mattresses. Noted by Mattress Clarity, “Experience showed, in that the mattress felt very well made and the transition between the layers was seamless.”
The GhostBed’s seamless engineering gives its mattress a luxurious feel blending together three unique layers. The 1.5-inch top layer is made of aerated latex foam, specifically designed to be naturally responsive, plush and to provide cooling. A 2-inch middle layer is made of gel memory foam designed with a proprietary formula of larger cells to make it more reactive to the body for cooler nights. The 7.5-inch foundation layer is constructed from high density foam to allow for increased support and longevity.
Novosbed construction is consistent with luxury brand lines offering a 11-inch thick mattress. As with its lower priced competitor, Novosbed is also made up of three layers, 2-inches of Airflow memory foam ranging from 3.7-pound to 5-pound depending on the firmness model, depending on model choice 2 to 3-inches of memory foam, and a 6 to 7-inches support foam with a 1.8-pound density.
Feature for both the GhostBed and Novosbed is their mattress covers that can be zipped off for machine washing.
Sleepopolis reviews for both the GhostBed and Novosbed where nearly identical when describing comfort.
The GhostBed comfort review by Sleepopolis states, “The latex is instantly responsive, so it is the first line of defense to prevent any heat retention or stuck feeling, while also providing great comfort. The memory foam core below is slower to respond. However, once it is able to adapt to your shape and contour it creates a delightful body shaping support that works beautifully with the latex.”
Describing the comfort level of Novosbed Sleepopolis states, “There is a very balanced level of comfort in addition to support. Another cool feature is the ability of the mattress to sharply contour around your body without giving off that “stuck” feeling that most traditional memory foam mattresses have.”
Novosbed may have the lead here but remember you are paying a premium price. GhostBed is certainly a winner when comparing the comfort you will get for your money spent.
GhostBed promises to fully replace the mattress if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. For years 11 through 20 of ownership GhostBed provides additional coverage and protection, stating that they will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost.
The 15-year Novosbed warranty states, “Your Novosbed mattress will be repaired or replaced at no additional cost within the first ten years of usage, and at a cost of 75% of the original purchase price between the eleventh and fifteenth year.”
Although they both received equal scores GhostBed is certainly the winner for its GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty over Novosbed’s 15-year mattress warranty.
V. Trial Period
GhostBed is known for their spectacular 101-day sleep trial period. Novosbed offers a similar 120 night sleep trial. Both companies ask for owners to take at least 60 nights to get used to the mattress before deciding to return. Novosbed goes a step further by offering a Comfort+ kit if not completely satisfied after 30 nights. The Comfort+ is an extra topper meant to adjust the softness or firmness of the mattress. Both companies will pick up mattress and refund 100-percent for those wishing to return within the trial period.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $835.00 $635.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets