GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
Last Updated on September 15, 2020
The adjustable bed base creates a lifestyle home center, turning the bed into more than just a place to sleep. In addition to a spa experience of built-in massage, an adjustable foundation gives the comfy memory foam Adjustable Base the ability to act as if a recliner chair making the bedroom a place to work and relax.
Best Overall Adjustable Base
The race continues for bedding manufacturers to answer the call of consumers seeking to make the bed even more comfortable as well as turn the bedroom into more than just a place to sleep. As the memory foam Adjustable Base has achieved perfection for cooling and ache soothing comfort, the adjustable base is now gaining popularity as the perfect mate for the pliable Adjustable Base.
With GhostBed’s adjustable base and Nectar both offering similar adjustable bed bases – GhostBed is the winner with its wonderful 15 modes of massage compared to Nectar’s only 3 zones. Both bases have retainer bars to hold the Adjustable Base in place but GhostBed goes a step further to assure Adjustable Base retention with its adjustable base’s anti-skid decking.
In addition, GhostBed is clearly the best overall with an amazing warranty that proves the company stands by its product. The GhostBed lifetime warranty is no challenge for Nectar’s only three-year warranty for its base.
I. Features Breakdown
III. Materials/ Durability
I. Features Breakdown
|Massage Modes||15 Modes||3 Zone|
|Massage Intensity Levels||10, 20 and 30 minute timers for auto shut down||10 and 20 minute timers for auto shut down|
|Tilts||Head & Foot||Head & Foot|
|Factory Preset Positions||3 – TV, Zero Gravity, Lounge||3 – TV, Anti-Snore, Zero Gravity|
|Memory Custom Programmable Positions||2||3|
|Remote||Wireless, Backlit, 18 functions||Wireless, Backlit, 18 functions|
|Emergency Power Down||Yes – Auto to flat in power outage||Yes – Auto to flat in power outage|
|Sync Capable||Yes – Two Twin XL can be synced for one King||Yes – Two Twin XL can be synced for one King|
|No. of Legs||6||6|
|USB Ports||Yes – On each side||Yes|
|Mattress Retention System||Anti-Skid Decking, Retainer Bar||Retainer Bar|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime – Steel Frame, Mechanical Base Parts
Full 1 year – Parts, Labor, Freight Limited 2nd year – Parts
|First year – Replacement parts sent to purchaser at no cost
3 years – Defects in the workmanship or materials
|Delivery||To door – less than 1 week from ordering||To door – less than 1 week from ordering|
|TWIN XL (38” X 80”)||$999||$649|
|QUEEN (60” X 80”)||$1199||$799|
|SPLIT KING (2 – TWIN XL)||$2,700.00 $2,600.00||$1,298|
Although Nectar may be slightly less in price, GhostBed truly stands by a product that has been designed and perfected by its longtime knowledge of being in the sleep business.
Nectar has a limited warranty of three-years for its base, compared to GhostBed’s Limited Lifetime Warranty. For just a few dollars more for the GhostBed base one is actually getting a lifetime of enjoyment their money. This is worth the dollars compared to worry of money lost if the Nectar base becomes defective once three years is up.
Unless one wants the less popular full base that GhostBed does not offer, it is evident that GhostBed wins for the lifetime warranty included with their price.
Both the GhostBed and Nectar bases are similar in appearance – wrapped in a soft neutral grey fabric atop six tubular metal legs. Both companies ship their bases ready to assemble.
It is important to note that for safety two people should lift either base due to their weight. Assembling is much easier for the GhostBed than the Nectar adjustable base. No tools are required to assemble GhostBed’s base. GhostBed has thought out assembly as much as it has thought out the rest of the base design.
To assemble the GhostBed adjustable foundation all one needs to do is to turn down linking bolts and slide them into brackets to connect sections. Then simply screw in legs and place retainer bar in place.
The Nectar base requires one to attach motors with sliding pins to the base. It is also necessary to plug cables in proper ports. Once this is all finished legs are screwed in and retainer bar is placed.
While the GhostBed base can handle a hefty max of 750 pounds, the Nectar base has a 1000-pound lift capacity. Both company’s bases are metal but GhostBed specifically makes mention that its frame is constructed from 100-percent steel.
Both bases come with six tubular feet. The GhostBed feet are a fixed 12-inch height, while the Nectar feet have three height settings at a choice of 4-inches, 6.5-inches, or 10.5-inches.
GhostBed and Nectar both have retainers at foot of bed to hold mattress in place. GhostBed has upped the game by adding a full anti-skid decking to make sure that the mattress will not slip as the base is adjusted.
Nectar is missing the under-bed lighting that is a wonderful added safety feature on the GhostBed adjustable base. Both companies do have USB ports built into their bases to make charging electronic devices easy. Both GhostBed and Nectar bases come with wireless backlit remote controls. Each company’s remote has 18 functions including presets and massage.
Both companies allow for bases to be synced together when needed. The GhostBed and the Nectar adjustable bases both have the function to automatically move to the flat position in case of a power outage.
The adjustable base is all about adding comfort to the sleep center experience. GhostBed and Nectar both have wireless backlit remotes offering 18 functions including massage.
Pain and snoring will certainly be soothed with the comfort that the adjustable bases from Nectar and GhostBed. Both manufacturers offer three presets on their remotes, while GhostBed offers two custom memory settings and Nectar three.
Nectar’s presets include TV, zero-gravity, and anti-snore. Anti-snore may be handy but it can be subjective for different positions for different people so a custom preset for anti-snore comfort may be preferable. GhostBed seems to realize that not all may need anti-snore but just about all want to lounge for comfort. GhostBed wins in this comfort category choosing for their three presets of TV, zero-gravity, and lounge.
With both offering massage timers GhostBed steps out way ahead in comfort when it comes to their massage technology. GhostBed has 15 modes of massage to choose from to sooth a variety of aches and pains. Nectar has three massage zones. Inside each company’s adjustable base are recessed massage units to work with remote settings.
Added to Nectar’s and GhostBed’s remotes is a handy flashlight.
There is no caparison of warranties between GhostBed and Nectar. GhostBed is the definite victor with its GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty over Nectars only three years of coverage.
The GhostBed warranty includes a full one year warranty on parts, labor, and freight. In the first year of ownership GhostBed will repair or replace any parts discovered defective with no extra cost to consumer. A limited year two warranty from GhostBed covers the replacement of any defective parts less labor and freight. The GhostBed Adjustable Base Limited Lifetime Warranty covers steel and mechanical base parts for life if they are found to be defective.
Nectar warranties their base against defects for just three years. Rather than repairing, Nectar will send replacement parts. Only during the first year will Nectar pay for shipping costs to send parts to replace a defective item.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $835.00 $635.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Boxspring with My Mattress: Foundation Choices
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Stains & Smells Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect and Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How to Save a Water Damaged Mattress During a Hurricane or Flood
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Which is Best: Memory Foam vs Spring Mattress
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2020
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Why Supima Cotton Sheets and What’s It All About?
- Egyptian, Pima or Supima Cotton Bed Sheets: Which is Best for a Great Sleep?
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets