GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
Last Updated on June 24, 2022
With memory foam mattresses clearly taking over for their comfort and support, more memory foam bedding companies are popping up to deliver the most superlative bed at the best cost. As the bed-in-the-box battles to be the winner increase so do the comparisons between manufacturers. Before making a purchase decision It is important to do the research to see which companies will deliver the best mattress.
Best Overall Mattress
With so many mattress companies realizing the strong demand for the comforting memory foam mattress there are many striving to take the number one spot. Each bedding company has their own unique technique in manufacturing the mattress that will truly deliver a wonderful sleep experience. GhostBed has continuously been ahead when compared to other brands. Helix is giving GhostBed a good fight to gain the lead but when viewing the overall pros, the GhostBed invented by Nature’s Sleep still proves to be ahead especially with materials, durability and price.
Chart that breaks down the Pros and Cons
Compiled as per Sleep Sherpa GhostBed and Helix reviews and Mattress Clarity GhostBed and Helix reviews and Sleepopolis GhostBed and Helix reviews
|I. Price (Sleepopolis)||10||9.0|
|II. Materials/Durability (Mattress Clarity)||9.2||8.8|
|II. Comfort (Sleepopolis)||9.0||9.0|
|IV. Warranty (Mattress Clarity)||9.6||9.2|
|V. TRIAL PERIOD (Sleep Sherpa)||9||9|
With memory foam being easily bendable the comforting mattresses have been turned into bed-in-a-box marvels. The mattresses are vacuum sealed in a box delivered right to the doorstep for the buyer to simply open, unseal and pop into place in their bedroom. To help shoppers choose what bed will be best for them Sleep Sherpa, Mattress Clarity and Sleepopolis have compiled reviews so that customers can make an informed choice between GhostBed and Helix.
|Twin XL||$1,450.00 $1,015.00||$700|
Longer but Narrow
*Prices might not reflect current promos
Both companies offer similar special coupons to give the same dollars off, but GhostBed pricing cannot be beat by Helix. Both companies have six bed size choices from a twin mattress to a California King mattress. Both companies do offer free shipping in the U.S.
With its 11-inch high mattress GhostBed takes the lead right from the start over Helix’s common 10-inch high bed. Three unique layers blended together in harmony make up GhostBed’s mattress. The 1.5-inch top layer is made of aerated latex foam, specifically designed to be naturally responsive, plush and to provide cooling. A 2-inch middle layer is made of gel memory foam designed with a proprietary formula of larger cells to make it more reactive to the body for cooler nights. The 7.5-inch foundation layer is constructed from high density foam to allow for increased support and longevity.
GhostBed has the experience behind building their mattress that the other new bed-in-a-box companies have. Their parent company of Nature’s Sleep has years of knowledge in constructing and developing mattresses. Mattress Clarity states, “Experience showed, in that the mattress felt very well made and the transition between the layers was seamless.”
The Helix mattress is also created with a three-layer method. Making Helix unique for a bed-in-a-box manufacturer is its made-to-order customized mattress. Two inches of latex foam ranging from 15-32 ILD, 1.5-inches of pocket coil spring units, and a layer comprised of Poly foam with 2-inches of comfort layer foam and 4.5-inches of base layer foam. Noted by Mattress Clarity regarding layers, “The ranges and construction will be tweaked to suit your personalization preferences.”
GhostBed is clearly the winner for its removable mattress cover that can be machine washed where Helix’s cover in not removable and can only be spot cleaned.
Comfort is a top priority when it comes to choosing the right mattress. Both companies clearly are winners in the comfort category. Sleepopolis clearly ranks GhostBed high for its comfort and support, specifically noting its 11-inch thickness.
“Throughout my sleep tests I never felt as if pressure points were being created and my spine remained properly aligned. I especially like that the GhostBed is 11″ thick. The added thickness is important and helps create improved deep compression support, especially for heavier sleepers.
With the customized Helix mattress, comfort will depend on what one submits on the questionnaire in order for their mattress to be constructed. Noted by Sleepopolis reviewer about the mattress he ordered for himself and his wife, “Support was a bit on the lighter side, most likely due to our respective weights.”
With its GhostBed Mattress 20-year warranty standing behind their product GhostBed continuously comes out ahead of the rest. The company promises to fully replace the mattress if found to have a defect in the first ten years of ownership to the original owner. For years 11 through 20 of ownership GhostBed provides additional coverage and protection, stating that they will either repair a defected mattress or replace it at a prorated cost.
Clearly lagging behind GhostBed, Helix mattresses come with only a 10-year warranty. Noted on their website, “Every Helix Sleep mattress comes with a 10-year warranty, protecting the customer from any defects in the materials or workmanship of the product that develop from normal and reasonable use.”
V. Trial Period
GhostBed and Helix may be rated the same for sleep trial but with GhostBed’s 101-day sleep trial over Helix’s 100-night sleep trial they have the lead by a day. Making perfect sense, GhostBed does suggests taking 30 to 60 nights to make a final decision. Both offer a full refund if you are not pleased with your mattress within the trial period.
* Some of the reviewers may have affiliate relationships with GhostBed and receive a commission, similar with other mattress suppliers and consistent with industry practices.
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $1,270.00 $889.00Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- The 3-Step Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- Memory Foam Mattress in a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- Guide: Why Buy a Split King Mattress Bed
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost?
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Flip or Rotate Your Mattress (and Why You Should)
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- What Kind of Mattress Works with an Adjustable Bed?
- How to Use a Bed Frame with an Adjustable Base
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Arthritis for 2020
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Fibromyalgia
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What is the Best Side to Sleep on: Left or Right?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- Sleeping When You’re Sick: How to Get the Rest You Need
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Use a Headboard With an Adjustable Base
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Can't Get Comfortable in Your Bed
- How to Train Yourself to Sleep on Your Back
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: How to Wash Your Silk Pillowcase
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets
- Guide to TENCEL® Sheets: Everything You Need to Know
- Mattress Toppers: What Are They & Are They Worth It?
- Guide: How to Select the Best Mattress Topper
- 5 Ways to Make Your Mattress More Comfortable
- How Do I Make My “Hot” Mattress Sleep Cooler?
- How to Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Weighted Blanket Size Guide: Determining the Right Size
- Benefits of Weighted Blankets for Autism
- 10 Health-Boosting Benefits of Weighted Blankets